Every night I pray with my boys, and sometimes I help them through leading the prayer. Occasionally Ryan, my oldest, will want to pray all by himself. Last night was one of these nights and here is what he prayed for in no particular order:
- That his friends’ dog will feel better after going to the doggie doctor.
- That Mommy will make a really yummy breakfast in the morning.
- That Daddy will pay lots and lots of bills tomorrow.
- That God will help him be brave when there is danger.
- That God will help him do all the monkey bars tomorrow, like he did today.
Don’t you love the prayers of children?