Some random thoughts from this Sunday:
- I’m really happy that my son and wife got to be in the Christmas production at the church. It was an amazing performance, with all that you would expect and more of a Christmas Pageant. But the 5 performances in 4 days, and the 4 hour nightly practices for 2 weeks leading up to it have been slightly draining. I’m really looking forward to getting my family back to normal.
- Tony Romo is a god. Holy cow it’s fun being a Cowboy fan right now.
- My sometimes great fantasy football team has laid a first round playoff egg. My season is over, right after it got going.
- Pastor preached a sermon on regrets this morning. He used the life of Paul (Saul) as the example of a man torn by the regrets from his past. He directed one thing interesting to those younger than 30. He told them that between their teenage years and before they turn 30 they can add up the most regrets. He really challenged them to analyze the direction of their life, and to try their best to prepare the next 30 years for regret-free living. It’s an interesting thought; and I must agree.
- I had some people really let me down this morning at church. I’ve always thought that I might not be as talented and as gifted as others; but I can always follow through on my word. I’ve considered the ability to keep my word as one of my greatest talents. Maybe that is why it disappoints me so much when others can’t. I’ll shake it off by Monday morning, but right now it’s bothering me.
- There is a serious threat of snow and ice in the area tomorrow. Deep down inside I’m hoping the roads ice up and the kids can’t go to school tomorrow.
- The above mentioned threat of snow and ice sure kept people away from church this morning. These Christians are a fickle bunch of people. It’s almost as if they’re looking for an excuse to not go to church. Almost…
- Anyone watch A Smoky Mountain Christmas last night on TV? Me neither.