I wish I could think of a cutesy, cool thing to title this but it escapes me…
- After spending a few hours aboard an airplane, the biggest question I’ve walked away with is… Why in the world can’t I fiddle with my electronic devices during ascent and descent or the aircraft; but the lady across from me can stay completely engrossed in a book for the entire duration and never be asked to put her book away?
- While in Phoenix I had three ‘old friends’ that I hadn’t talked to in months call me within the span of 90 minutes. I was busy at the time, and had to call them all back; but what are the chances of that?
- This weekend I have a volunteer from my Dallas days coming for a visit. He will be the 3rd one so far to make the trip to West Texas to see their old Children’s Pastor.
- My parents are making a short visit to Lubbock this Sunday. Their flight arrives right in the middle of services tomorrow morning, so my car is currently parked at the Lubbock airport long-term parking lot with one of the doors unlocked and a key hidden somewhere. I’m not telling which door is unlocked or where the key is hidden. It’s on a need-to-know basis only!
- During the 2nd and 3rd services I’m taking up the offering for the adult services. It’s exciting to be a part of the adult services, and give my two-cents on other peoples’ cents. I’m speaking for about 90 seconds from Proverbs 3:9. It’s gonna be electric, don’t bring your weekly cash load with you or it might stay behind after hearing me.
- I took my 5-year old to Tee-Ball tryouts this afternoon. Yes, you read that correctly. Tryouts! (I consider myself fortunate… I was only hit in the knee cap once by a five year old swinging an aluminum bat.)
- I have a crush on Norah Jones. I’ve been listening to her Austin City Limits concert on TV for an hour, and it’s great. I haven’t listened to her in 6 months, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why.
- I just want to go on record as saying that I HATE my Toshiba laptop. It’s terrible! I wish terrible things on it, and might throw it across the room soon. (Ok, I feel better… maybe…)