It’s been a busy week. One might think I’ve been on Vacation, but in reality it’s been a couple of big planning weeks. For decisions that need to be made at the church, and even a few decisions that are going to seriously impact the family. Say a prayer for the Cliff’s would ya?
Here is my empty Friday Bag:
- I’m SUPPOSED to read this book for work. However, I just can’t get past the first two chapters. I think it has something to do with it being REQUIRED reading.
- Politics give me a serious case of tired-head. However, I’ve loved this site over the past few months. Factcheck.org is a site that my Republican friends may not like it, as it pretty much shows the majority of smears coming from the McCain camp. But they’ll also like to read how the Obama camp has been slinging it right back…
- Our third replacement WHIRLPOOL fridge has gone bad. Did I mention it was a WHIRLPOOL that went bad? Lowe’s agreed to swap me out with a different model, but forced me to pay the difference and pay for shipping of my swapped “new” fridge. We are now on day 7 of having no refrigeration, and the new one isn’t expected at our house for another 7 days. I know that many in other countries don’t have the luxury of refrigerators, but I always have and this just plain sucks! If not for our freezer working, I’m not sure what we would do. BTW, did I mention it was a WHIRLPOOL that is so terrible?
- Anyone ever attend a church Fall Festival Halloween-Alternative? We’re doing one at the end of the month, and my staff is starting to get consumed with it’s planning. It’s always a challenge, because we don’t recruit parents to help pull it off. We really want our empty-nesters, singles, and college students to help put this baby on, so that our families with children can come and enjoy themselves. It’s a great idea, but time will tell if it’s effective or not.
- I bought this book this week on Amazon:
- Our church has been transitioning from an old to a new church membership database program for a few months now. (I wonder how many didn’t know churches managed membership databases…) The new program has been less than successful. Seems we’re kind of a guinea pig for them, and the salesmen didn’t tell us that. And it has delayed our new electronic check-in system by months…
- In dedication to my wife’s weekly coffee girl talk meetings…
- Next weekend, Starr and I get some time away HERE and HERE. It’s not truly away, as it’s a church leadership retreat; but there is lots of free-time worked into the schedule. It was lots of fun last year, and we can’t wait to go back next week.
- And I’ll say it again. I stole the Bag of Nothing reference from my friend. You should check out his site, but don’t hold his liberal leanings against him.