By far my favorite breakout this year was taught by Pastor Larry L. Thompson of First Baptist in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Larry taught on influencing transition and the five circles of change. He has about three pages worth of notes, so I’m going to attempt to bring you the best of what I heard:
One of the greatest traits of a leader is the ability to transition people through change.
5 Keys to Influence Transition
- Common Sense
- People respect and respond to a leader you uses common sense led by the Holy Spirit.
- Is the change and transition compatible with the core values of the organization?
- The changes has to be simply understood. If it’s too complex, people will jump ship.
- Let people see, feel, smell, touch, and taste the change.
- People will resist the unknow, let them know!
5 Circles of Change
- Change Agent // The Inspector // Determine the situation, develop the vision, and discover the need for change.
- Main Person // The Input // Give vision to the main person in a personal way.
- Decision Maker // The Influencer // Respect their influence.
- Those Most Involved // Those Involved // Provide them the opportunity to “test-drive” change
- The Members // Intention // Be careful in timing this well…