I have a new sponsor at jonathancliff.com. I’d like to introduce everybody to the greatness of the ParentLife magazine. What? You think you’ve heard of it before? Well if you’ve run in any of the LifeWay circles of the past, then you might have seen a ParentLife magazine. However, they’ve completely redesigned their cover, and done a massive overhaul to the content between the covers. The folks over at LifeWay were kind enough to send over a free copy for myself to look through and I have to say that it is a really well done parenting magazine.
Here are some of the things I liked about ParentLife:
- The cover is wild and makes you want look at it further. It’s just a fun, inviting, humorous cover. The people at ParentLife do things well, and the cover will show you that right off the bat. (I’d also love to say that I love the texture of the paper used on the cover. Not that it matters, but it’s different and I liked it!)
- It’s relevant. The material is extremely relevant and all the information is so easy to find. I loved the age sections with pertinent information for each age of kid.
- Along these same lines, it’s also all-encompassing. There was an article for grandparents, single parents, divorced parents and their step-children, and even that rare breed of married couples living with their own children. This would make a great hand-out resource to the families in my church. Those with and/or without children.
- It’s short and sweet. I sometimes have the attention span of an 8 year old; yet I was able to enjoy this magazine. It’s a rare thing, but there wasn’t an article that spanned more than 2 pages. Every article was well written, but it was concise and begged for my attention with it’s short span.
- It had great ideas. It was chalked full of really easy-to-do things with my kids. From bible study ideas for my 8 year old, to play-time ideas for my 7 year old, and interesting do around the house craft things for my 5 year old. I walked away with ideas after reading it. Not something I can say with every magazine I subscribe to.
So here’s the thing. ParentLife has sent me a free magazine, and they are of course a site sponsor with purchased advertisement space on the side bar; but I really love their product. I hope that you’ll take some time to read my advertiser Disclosure Statement, and you’ll read that I don’t let just any organization run ads on my site. ParentLife is something I believe in, and after looking at this new re-design my wheels are already spinning with ways I could use this with some of my new and visiting parents at Trinity.
ParentLife has even offered to giveaway an entire 12 month subscription to their magazine to one of my readers. Yes, you read that right. A FREE 12-month subscription! There are a few 1,000 ways to run a blog contest, but I’m lazy and will make this totally random using Random.org to help me sort all the entries to find our winner. So to enter I’ll le t you leave a comment right here on this blog post to be entered. And with this post going out on Monday, I’ll let you leave a comment every day for 5 entries total. So to recap, you have 5 days to leave a comment on 5 different days to get your name in the drawing up to 5 times. Get it? See you on Friday when I announce the winner of the free 12 month subscription to ParentLife.
We have our winner: http://www.jonathancliff.com/2011/03/parentlife-magazine-winner/
In the mean time take some blogging time to visit www.lifeway.com/parentlifeblog and read what the ParentLife people are producing for all the blog readers! It’s gonna be a great week. Now Go!