Hi. My name is Jonathan and I’m a nerd. I’m comfortable with this, and you should be too! I want to share my nerdiness with all the other nerds out there reading this blog; so below I present my current (as of February 3, 2011) Digital Backpack.
What are the tools exactly:
- 13″ Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 4 GB Memory, 3 20 GB Hard Drive
- InCase Hardshell Case for a 13″ Macbook Pro. -> Love this case, and cannot more highly recommend an easy way to keep your Macbook safe while walking across the living room.
- iPhone 3GS 32GB -> It’s crazy to me that people think I have the “Old” iPhone. It’s still a great phone!
- The Original SwissGear Computer Backpack -> Got this on a 60% off all SwissGear sale at Amazon.com, and love, love, love this backpack.
- Google, Google, Google. -> I live with gmail, google docs, google reader, google calendar, google voice and google maps almost every day of my life.
- WordPress -> I’ve tried Blogo, and Marsedit as an offline blog editor, but I always end up back at my WordPress Dashboard for all my blog editing and creating.
- YouVersion -> I use this for all my online bible study, and any bible links I use at jonathancliff.com
- Vimeo -> I use it to host videos for everything I do videos for.
- Tweetdeck -> It’s still my preferred way to sort, manage, and contribute to Twitter. I don’t love it, but always come back to it.
- Chrome -> I made the move to Chrome as my browser of choice this past year, and love it’s speed and agility online. If you’ve not used it before, or aren’t using it currently you are only missing out on the best, fastest, plug-in rich browser known to man.
- Woopra -> I use the Desktop Application of this blog site statictics program, and refer to it daily for a free, real-time statistical update on everything related to the three blogs I manage online.
- Syncplicity -> I use this desktop app to keep my files folder backed up online at syncplicity.com and it automatically syncs to my Google Docs account. It’s an awesome tool!
- DavMail -> Something I use because a I have to. At the church we are still using Exchange 2003 for all our mail and calendaring. DavMail allows me to use iCal for calendaring, and Postbox for all my church related mail. The moment my church upgrades their mail and calendar setups this program is toast!
- Postbox Express -> I’ve transitioned to this program for all work-related emails. It’s so much easier to use than Apple Mail, and integrates nicely with iCal.
- Evernote, Wunderlist, and Things -> I’m trying to pick one to go with…but can’t yet endorse one over the other.
- Instagram -> This is one of my favorite apps at the moment. So many fun things to do to pictures, and it’s like a totally new online community of photos.
- Facebook -> Because I want to be cool with people like you.
- Twitter -> I’m an original Tweetie app fan, and now love it’s newest incarnation.
- Pandora -> I’ve almost forsaken all my purchased music for Pandora instead. Almost….
- Google Voice -> I don’t know how all you iPhone users live without voicemail transcription. You need Google Voice!
- Rowmote -> Totally worth the price to have control over my Macbook when I connect it to the Television.
- Alarm Clock Pro-> I use the iHandy version, and use it to wake up to everyday.
So that’s me. But what am I missing?
Anything that helps your digital life run seamlessly, that I’m missing out on?