Tonight I’m here in Atlanta, and gearing up for a full-day of Pre-Conference breakouts all week long. It’s going to be a blast all week long, and I’ll be bringing you updated throughout. But after 3 years of attending here are a few things I can guarantee you that I will see this week. If you’re here, keep your eyes peeled for the following:
- Pasty skinned northerners laid out like beached whales soaking in the 75 degree Spring weather. Every year, without fail there are 100′s of northerner’s that find themselves thawing out from there snowed in winters. Welcome to warm weather my friends. Take off those shoes and enjoy the warmness, but I warn you. If you come back in 3 months it’ll be 105 degrees and you’ll melt.
- The shock and horror in peoples eyes when they see how large Kenny Conley is. He’s like a Jolly Orange giant. I have proof, look at this picture of him towering over my tree back in Lubbock. He’s a giant people, prepare yourself for it.
- The anger those up north have towards Chik-Fil-A for not having stores up north. It’s like they love their southern visit to the Christian Chicken, but still harbor bitterness that they can’t get that sweet tea in New York.
- The shock in peoples eyes when they see how short Gina McClain is. She’s like a Orange smurf. But have no fear, she won’t bite your ankles. Just go ahead and approach carefully, carrying a gift of coffee and your first meeting should go well.
- Me sleeping in the Bloggers Lounge on Friday afternoon, after having tried unsuccessfully to keep up with Kenny Conley and Sam Luce all week long. Those guys are un-human, and I struggle every year to keep their schedule.
- Matt McKee will launch the next great business idea for Orange. I’ve got my money on a Prayer Kittens app. Something that allows you to prayer for a person while laying hands on a kitten, then mailing the kitten to that friend. It’s still in development, but Matt will take this idea and make it awesome. Wait and watch the magic!
- Michael Bayne will drink his own body weight in Diet Mountain Dew. I didn’t know there was such a drink until last year, but as the empty bottles piled up in the Bloggers Lounge I followed their waste trail to one Michael Bayne.
- Dan Scott will climb some unforeseen structure somewhere in the Gwinnett Center and make like Spider-Man. Hopefully he doesn’t try one of those upside down kisses with his wife. That would be gross. Not because it’s gross to kiss your wife, but because wouldn’t you be looking up their nose while kissing upside down? Think about that one for a while Dan.
And last but not least…you will see dreams being birthed, plans being made, and ministries being inspired to reach the family with the Gospel of Jesus.
So did I forget something? Anything else you expect to see while at the Orange Conference this year?