I’ve written a bunch recently about what stresses me out, and how I identify stress in more subtle ways. But I guess the big question is, “How should I deal with Stress?” And that’s a great question, and I’d love to hear your answers….
Oh wait, are you waiting on me to answer? Fine then, there are the 5 ways I process through stress and recover.
- I realize that while stress is a permanent part of life, it’s always changing in degrees and seasons. Ebbs and flows, ebbs and flows.
- I get away. It’s important that I take my wife and former girlfriend (same person) out for coffee, breakfast, lunch, or dinner and talk it out. It’s always the key to recovery for me, to get away from some things that lead to an unhealthy amount of stress.
- I read. I personally love to read fiction when I’m feeling particularly stressed about something. Maybe it has something to do with the above note about getting away.
- I read the Bible. Perspective comes with God’s Word. That there friends is what we like to call TRUTH!
- I exercise. Getting out for a walk, taking a run, or going for a hike always helps me clear my head. It’s full-proof way to getting your head back on straight!
What am I missing here? Anything you do to help recover from very stressful times?