Archives For March 2012
I have three kids, and sometimes more. At the time of this writing they are 9, 8, and 6 years old. There is also a 4 year old running around with all of them for the time being. If I’m not careful, the inconvience of my kids can get the best of me. In my effort to not let them inconvenience me, I’ve been keeping a list of the things about them I will miss in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years and beyond…
- Bicycles left behind my car in the driveway.
- Toothpaste smeared all over the bathroom counter.
- Driveway chalk art inside my garage, where the rain will never wash it away.
- Running over hot wheels cars inadvertently with the lawnmower.
- Shoes on the wrong feet.
- Chicken McNuggets.
- Racing out the door every morning to avoid the tardy bell at school.
- The inability to keep tape, scissors, crayons, markers, and paper in one place.
- 2 hour baseball practices… 4 nights a week.
- Muddy foot prints that go across a recently vacuumed living floor.
- Trampoline nets with holes in them.
- Backyard toys that kill my grass when left out in the sun.
- Bad breathe, because they haven’t brushed their teeth in 4 days.
- $1 lunchables.
- Coats lost at school on the playground.
- Getting kicked in the groin when wrestling on the living room floor.
- Finding doodles written on important pieces of paper.
- Both good and bad report cards.
- Unbrushed hair.
- Answering unnecessary ”Why?” questions.
- Praying at night to delay the actual “going” to sleep.
- 6:30am wakeup calls on Saturday Mornings to ask if they can eat breakfast.
- PB & J sandwiches.
- Calling all meat at the dinner table chicken.
- Arguments over who gets to sit where in the car.
So parents, what will you miss?