This morning for the Orange Conference Opening Thursday session, we were able to hear from Craig Groeschel about parenting. For most of us in Children’s ministry or parenting, we are all very familiar with the idea behind Deuteronomy 6. What made Craigs talk so unique is that he shared his own personal family values and things he does as a father to raise his kids to be game changers. It was a really, really great call to action for all the parents in the room.
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come. (Psalm 71:18 ESV)
What is parenting success?
Unleash single-minded, Christ-centered, biblically-anchored, world changing children.
Deut. 6:4-9 – Moses’ call to parents.
- Must enlist supporting voices. ||
- Parents will always be the most important voice, but cannot be the only voice.
- Paul was a supporting voice for Timothy.
- One of most important things we can do is build up leaders to impart to others.
- Raise the expectations. ||
- Calling is radical and supernatural.
- ALL our heart, soul, strength.
- We will rarely ever get more than we ask for, unless we raise the expectations.
- 1 Cor 13:11 / when I became a man, I left childish things behind.
- Keep it Real. ||
- Make God commonplace in our homes.
- Pray for things beyond our own home.
- God is not “a part” of our lives. He is our everything.