This morning for the Orange Conference Opening Thursday session, we were able to hear from Craig Groeschel about parenting. Â For most of us in Children’s ministry or parenting, we are all very familiar with the idea behind Deuteronomy 6. Â What made Craigs talk so unique is that he shared his own personal family values and things he does as a father to raise his kids to be game changers. Â It was a really, really great call to action for all the parents in the room.
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come. (Psalm 71:18 ESV)
What is parenting success?
Unleash single-minded, Christ-centered, biblically-anchored, world changing children.
Deut. 6:4-9 – Moses’ call to parents.
- Must enlist supporting voices. ||Â
- Parents will always be the most important voice, but cannot be the only voice.
- Paul was a supporting voice for Timothy.
- One of most important things we can do is build up leaders to impart to others.
- Raise the expectations. ||
- Calling is radical and supernatural.
- ALL our heart, soul, strength.
- We will rarely ever get more than we ask for, unless we raise the expectations.
- 1 Cor 13:11 / when I became a man, I left childish things behind.
- Keep it Real. ||
- Make God commonplace in our homes.
- Pray for things beyond our own home.
- God is not “a part” of our lives. He is our everything.