These are some things I’m NOT doing at the Orange Conference this week:
- Interviewing for another job || Seriously, it wouldn’t happen.
- Avoiding all conversations and hanging out in my hotel room all day. || As a father to three (and sometimes four) it’s tempting, but it’s not why I’ve left my family.
- Gossip || All get-together type events and conferences are ripe for gossip. Â I am not going there this week.
- Skipping breakouts and general sessions || There is a school of thought that I could get more out of skipping and just talking to someone in the hallway. Â I disagree, although I recognize the exceptions when that is the case. Â I’m there to learn, I want to learn.
- Leave early from every general session to avoid traffic || Why would you do this? Â You’re only around this crowd a few times a year, don’t be in a hurry to escape them!
- Tell my wife where I’m eating out || Fella’s, this just isn’t smart. Â Don’t force your stay-at-home spouse to compare your great meal at a fun restaurant with friends to their mac & cheese special at home.
If you’re going to be at the Orange Conference this week, would you come say hello? Â I’d love to meet you and hear what God is doing in your ministry and life. Â You can find me in the Bloggers Suite upstairs in the Main Arena. Â See you there!