Those that know me, know that I passionately pursue simplicity in my life. It’s not that I don’t want anything, instead I’ve developed a heightened awareness towards those things I really need in my life. This has led me to sell things I own at a rapid pace, clear out closets and basements with abandon, and learn to live with perfectly dependable “old” things in my life.
In the spirit of a new year, and as we approach the end of our “setting goals” month of January, here are some totally foolproof ways to improve your life. I’m serious friends, these are game changers!
- Buy new socks and underwear. Trust me, it’ll change your life.
- Kiss your wife everyday. (After brushing your teeth of course.)
- Buy a new razor. If you’ve got an electric razor, go ahead and order new blades every 6 months. It’s worth the effort.
- Only drink one cup of coffee a day. Like real coffee, not those sugary chocolate drinks from Starbucks. Those are great, but save them for special occasions…and breakfast isn’t a special occasion.
- Train for a 5k with your 10 year old. On a personal note, my 10 year old is kicking my tail.
- When you first feel hungry, instead go drink a glass of water. If you’re still hungry, then go for it.
- Eat an apple a day.
- Hug your middle schooler. You’re still bigger than them, force it on them. They’ll thank you for it later.
- Read out loud to your kids as often as you can. And yes, even the middle schooler.
- Turn the TV off after 9pm.
- Take the 2 minutes necessary to tuck your kids into bed every night.