I love to go see baseball games. Anyone that follows me on Instagram, knows that recently I drove up the East Coast to see the Orioles, Phillies, and Yankees at their beautiful ballparks. It was fun, cheap, and due to my current life circumstances…easily scheduled. The problem has always been how to affordably take my family of 5 to the same fun sporting events. Enter a new website I discovered recently. ScoreBig.com.
There are tons of different ways to purchase event tickets online, but ScoreBig.com combines the bidding, deal-catching, low price grabbing fun of all you’ve ever seen in one fun website. For example: I just bought 5 tickets for my family to attend an Atlanta Braves game in a few weeks. Face Value on all of these tickets were $35 each. For my family, that’s a ton of money just to buy tickets to the game, and doesn’t even include parking or concessions. With ScoreBig.com, I was able to put in a bid of $20 each for the same tickets and won my bid! Saved me over $75 from what MLB would have me pay online.
Just wanted to share some of what I’ve found online in regards to making fun family memories without making regrettable financial decisions at the same time. Here are a few quick facts about ScoreBig.com:
- You are guaranteed to save on each and every ticket on ScoreBig.com
- Tickets for sports, concerts, theater, Broadway, family shows, and attractions
- No fees – free delivery
- Choose Your Seating Area – all seats ordered together will be next to each other
- Tell us what you want to pay – you have all the control, it’s thrilling!
- Get an instant answer – you find out right away if your offer has been accepted
This week the bag is all video. Back in 2004, David Foster Wallace gave this commencement speech at Kenyon College called, “This is water.” It has since taken on a life of it’s own. Here it is in video form, the most effective at reaching those sitting in front of computer screens.
What started as a lullaby CD for Yancy s son with songs all based on scripture, soon became a really nice, relaxed worship experience. The music, organic, unplugged and simple featuring upright bass, glockenspiels and cello in addition to acoustic guitars and piano, nicely accompaniments the eternal Word of God. These songs have the power to strengthen the faith of all Christians, young and old.
Taking key scriptures and truths that I wanted to pass on to my son and make sure he knew and understood the direction and answers these scriptures provide us was important. As I worked in the studio, I realized that with how the music was shaping up and the fact that the Bible is true whether you re an infant or a grown up these songs had more potential. Already when I meet people in my life that are facing big mountains, fears or need answers, I ve been able to use these songs as a way to help strengthen their faith and help them meditate on what God s Word says. Yancy
Any adult will love this music! Anyone who needs a little peace and comfort added to their crazy day will benefit from not only the music but God s promises from His Word in this music. Plus, Yancy covers her own song she wrote for Avalon 12 years ago I Don t Want to Go .
- Order the CD today! We are offering a great deal on a pack of 5 CD s too. Get some to give to others who are needing encouragement or use in classrooms, etc. Or you can download from iTunes and other digital outlets.
- Watch and listen as Yancy shares first hand why she made the album and what “Roots for the Journey” is all about!
- Here is a music video for the song “Safe”from “Roots for the Journey”. Share this new music with your friends and co-workers!
Let’s take a break from our regularly scheduled programming. If there is one thing that I’m all about, it’s about solving all the world’s problems. One of those crazy, out-of-whack problems recently is how Instragram (owned by Facebook) and Twitter are being jerks to each other. In fact, they’ve gotten so stubborn with each other that recently Instagram stopped allowing Twitter to embed images inside the Twitter stream. This has left us with the serious problem of having to click Instagram links within someone’s twitter feed instead of just seeing their image automatically.
Then along comes “If THIS then THAT” and IFTTT provided the help that all of civilization has been waiting for. IFTTT is the greatest Internet thing around right now. I personally use it to make starred emails in Gmail go to Evernote, backup all my Instagram images into Dropbox, and send me a text each morning with the weather. It’s wonderful. Like a hot coffee in the morning kind of wonderful.
Here is the Twitter/Instagram workaround.
Step #1: Open an IFTTT account and tie in your Twitter and Instagram apps.
Step #2: Use this recipe below. If you click the image, it will take you to the actual recipe.
Step #3. Then when you update Instagram, unselect the “share with Twitter” button and enjoy the automation of:
—–>>>>>TO THIS —–>>>>.
You’re welcome. And if you don’t understand you can just go to IFTTT and read up on all the awesomeness that awaits you! And seriously… I know this isn’t a real-world problem. #firstworldproblems
Here is a post just to answer a question I get often from those that read my blog and are considering starting their own, or finding a more reliable hosting provider.
What hosting provider to you use?
I use Green Geeks
Why do you use Green Geeks?
There are a bunch of reasons! A few of them are:
- The do free site migration. When I transferred to them from a previous (and sometimes ruinous) hosting provider, they did all the dirty work of setting me up on the new hosting servers. It was FREE! (See all the Site Migration Details HERE.)
- Free Domain for Life! It’s only $10 a year, but they take care of it for FREE. I don’t even have to worry about it anymore.
- It’s really, really affordable.
I’d love to encourage you to check out Green Geeks as a hosting provider if you are anywhere close to looking at starting a self-hosted website; or if you’re looking at transferring your existing hosting provider. I’ve used them for over a year with ZERO problems. I’ve been safe from malware, never had site down times, and it’s been easy on the pocket book.