This week Steve Fossett, the daring adventurer, went missing. Seems he took off in a small plane by himself, and has not been heard from since. He’s presumed lost somewhere in the Sierra Nevada’s, only 17,000 square miles of waterless terrain. It’s fascinating to read that people are scouring satellite images on Google Earth, and many are volunteering to search this desolate part of the United States for Steve Fossett.
I came across this story on CNN.com; and it’s crazy. It’s really amazing what you find when you go looking in far off places, isn’t it?
Search for Fossett could solve decades-old mysteries
The hunt for missing aviator Steve Fossett in the rugged terrain of western Nevada could solve some much older mysteries. Searchers have turned up half a dozen previously undiscovered plane crash sites, and they believe there may be as many as 200 such sites around the Sierra Nevada range, where soaring mountain peaks, deep ravines, sagebrush and trees provide natural camouflage for downed planes.
Thoughts from watching the Dallas Cowboy game tonight:
- After day of wondering what the Green Dot on the back of the QB helmet was; I finally googled an answer. The Green Dot is a sign that that player has a Microphone inside his helmet. Apparently there are some new helmet mic rules, but could they pick an uglier color for the Dot. It looks like a booger…
- After years of Chevrolet beating us down with the “Like a Rock” campaign, they’re at it again with the John Cougar Mellencamp “Our Country” commercials. I think I’ve seen and heard this commercial 100 times this weekend. My ears start bleeding when the song starts! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, then get on our knees right now and thank God in Heaven for sparing you of this forgettable song!
- Is it weird that ESPN advertises Monday Night Football during the NBC Sunday Night Football game? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen one network run ads on another network.
- I’m fantasy football player, and have been for years. Have you ever had a player that you wish terrible results on for fantasy reasons, but he plays for your favorite team? Jason Witten, I love you and hate you tonight!
- I’m a true Cowboy Fan, meaning when the Cowboys are up 38-22, I’m waiting for the obligatory defensive lapse allowing the Giants to come back and win it.
Thoughts and musing from this week:
- Great blog post by Perry Noble, pastor of NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC. he has 8 tips for Worship leaders in the local church. I love tip #1, it’s always been my pet peeve.
- Did you hear about the woman on a Southwest Airlines flight that was asked to leave, but eventually allowed to fly, because her clothes were deemed too provocative. Basically she’s wearing a tight-tight-tight shirt with a too short skirt. What so crazy is that this morning she appears on the Today show, to speak about how poorly she was treated. Someone had the brilliant idea for her to wear the same outfit. She sits down on national morning TV, and flashes the world her undergarments. Geesh!
- Have I ever mentioned how much I hate ATT? I swore off this terrible customer service organization years ago, but have crossed back over to the dark side after moving to Lubbock. I think I will be regretting that decision.
- Did you know that if you purchase furniture in the DFW area and purchase a fabric warranty; that you can only get replacement furniture from the store you bought it at? Even if it’s a national chain, Ashely Furniture. Wonder if the Mesquite, TX store will make deliveries to Lubbock, TX? I’m not holding my breath…
- This video made me laugh this week. Funny, Dark Humor.